Along with the king sized canopy bed, hard wood floors, cathedral ceiling and distinguished fireplace, the spacious accommodations of room 204 is well suited for a relaxing stay. Decorated with period antiques, this large room also features a renovated bathroom with a standing marble massage shower. The stand up shower door access is ideal for elderly guests.
Named after the Georgian mansion located four blocks away from the Inn at 1201 Washington Avenue, The Regal Kenmore features warm paint hues and wood stain, garden images, and granite bathroom detailing echoes the regal characteristics of the Kenmore Plantation. Built as the plantation home for Fielding Lewis and Betty Washington during the 1770s, Kenmore Plantation remains a National Historic Landmark open to the public featuring a preserved main house with two flanking dependencies. Originally the Lewises’ 80 slaves grew tobacco, corn, and wheat on the 1300-acre property. Mary Ball Washington frequently visited her daughter Betty and is buried on the site. In 1797 following the death of Mary Ball, the Lewises sold the property to the Samuel Gordon family, who subsequently named the property “Kenmore” after their ancestral Scottish clan. Today history lovers continue to visit the Kenmore Plantation to marvel at its remarkably well preserved decorative ceiling plasterwork and wallpaper.